Advanced modular and flexible system
Kbiotech modular bioreactor series represents the latest advancements in automation, software and mechanical engineering applied to the bioprocess industry. Industrial standard technologies, high-flexibility, modularity, easy upgrades and replacements, guaranteed long-term spare-part availability and after-sales service distinguish our modular bioreactors from the competition.
The modularity and flexibility of our control unit offer you the unique advantage of being able to start with 1 bioreactor that can then be upgraded to 2-4-6-12-24 and up to 36 bioreactors, working online with the same or different vessel size and typology.
- Cell therapy
- Gene therapy
- Regenerative Medicine
- Cell Line Development
- Media optimization
- Process scale-down
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- mRNA Production
- Plasma and Blood derivates
Basic or Advanced Research & Development:
- Microbial, yeasts and fungi fermentation,
- Culturing animal cells, insect cells, stem cells,
- Plant cells and Algae
- Dairy products
- Synthetic meat cell culturing
- Food ingredients
- Plant cell culture
- Wastewater remediation
- FPGA Industrial Controller with superior computing power to process numerous data in real time
- Bioflex Advanced SCADA Software, an innovative web server to monitor and control from 1 to 12-24-36 bioreactors online
- Ethernet and OPC connectivity
- Expandability of individual modules for managing from 1 to 36 bioreactors in parallel
- Single, Twin, Quad and Parallel configuration with interchangeable Glass and Disposable single-use vessels from 50 ml w/v to 50 litres.
- Scalable modules to work with stainless steel vessel from 3 litre to 100 litres
- The Master control module contains Digital and Analog interface for standard sensors: pH, Dissolved Oxygen, Temperature, Level, Foam, Redox, Conductivity, Pressure
- Ready on board I/O’s for easy integration of online analytics: Biomass sensors, Gas analyzers, Mass Balance, automated samplers and online multi-assay Analyzers
- Each module (controller, gas mixing, pumps, thermoloop) can be upgraded, exchanged and replaced at any time without the need for an expert technician.
- the pump module can house up to 6 variable-speed stepper pumps per bioreactor and the number of modules can be expanded
- the gases module can house up to 8 rotameters or Mass flow controllers per bioreactor and the number of modules can be expanded
- Chiller integration for optimal temperature control
- Validatable for GLP and GMP use
- Sales and service available worldwide
Interchangeable vessels, total volume
Intelligent HMI-PC Interface with onboard BIOFLEX TM Software to fully monitor, control and supervise your bioprocess without the need to purchase additional devices or software for data processing.
The Best Heating and Cooling system
The BIO-BOOK controller allows the integration of Kbiotech Bio-Chiller with innovative Peltier technologies and optimal regulation of the temperature from 10°C to 60°C with a high degree of precision up to 0.1°C, as well as substantial savings on water and energy.
- Power supply: 120 – 240 (±10 %) V, 50/60 Hz, 10 A, Single Phase
- Water supply: Quick-connect; 10 psig (0.69 barg)
- Communication: USB, Ethernet, OPC UA (SCADA, IP Network)
- User Interface: 14” Touchscreen or desktop PC
- Dimensions: (W × D × H): 28.0 × 40.0 × 60.0 cm / 11 × 15.75 × 24.4 inches
- Weight w/o accessories: 15.5 kg / 34.1 lbs
Online Analyzers available to optimize process control
KG-Ferm KBiotech Gas analyzer for online monitoring of exhaust gases for the calculation of respiratory quotients and metabolic activity. Gases available: O2, CO2, CH4, H2, CO; more available on request.
KB-Incyte-VBC real-time monitoring of viable cell biomass based on capacitance measurement for cell culture and fermentation process.
All online analyzers can be connected to our Bioflex Software for online data acquisition, feedback control and predictive data analysis for process optimization and risk-based actions, PAT compliance.