Laboratory SIP systems for fermentation & cell culture
KBiotech Modular Laboratory in-situ Sterilizable Bioreactors & Fermenters from 3 Litres to 50 Litres volume
The Modularity concept has been extended to our lab/pilot SIP in-situ sterilizable bioreactors and fermenters with leading industrial hardware and software technologies, in modular and compact designs, available as pre-assembled SIP bioreactor packages or custom-made solutions to suit our customers’ requirements.
The major advantage of the modularity of Kbiotech bioreactors is the ability to integrate and replace any module at any time and to interchange a wide range of culture vessels in bacteriological or cell cultivation configurations in 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 and 50 litre volumes.
The BIO-SIP Lab range is a direct upscaling of the BIO-BOOK series of benchtop autoclavable bioreactors. Consistent controller and software platforms simplify upscaling and reduce the risk involved in transferring processes to the next level.
The contained footprint minimizes space utilisation in the lab. KBiotech laboratory SIP systems are available in two versions: Benchtop and Skid-mounted.
- Cell Line Developments
- Media optimization
- Process scaling-up,
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- mRNA Production
- Plasma and Blood derivates
- Cell Therapy
- Dairy products
- Synthetic meat cell culturing
- Food ingredients
- Plant cell culture
- Wastewater remediation
- Compact design for easier upscaling and technology transfer
- Modular design for greater flexibility and expandability
- Leading Controller technology
- Unique design with interchangeable vessels from 3 litre to 50 litre volume
- High quality stainless steel 316 L tanks, inner surface finish: ≤ 0.2 µm, ≤ 0.4 µm, ≤ 0.6 µm, ≤ 0.8 µm
- Flexible design with H/D ratio 3:1, 2:1, 1.5:1 or customized for multi-purpose applications
- Automated empty and full sterilization with optimal thermoregulation
- Mechanical sealed or Magnetic coupler mixing solutions, top or bottom mounted to suit your requirements, with high torque or gentle mixing and interchangeable impellers such as Rusthon, Marine, Pitched blade, anchor or customized
- Single or Parallel bioreactors operations with powerful BIOFLEX™ control Software supporting sophisticated process control, comprehensive data and information management and design of experiments (DoE)
- Advanced process development built around Quality by Design (QbD) standards
- Stand-alone or integrated Steam Generator
- Stand-alone or integrated CIP automated cleaning system
Online Analyzers available to optimize process control
KG-Ferm KBiotech Gas analyzer for online monitoring of exhaust gases for the calculation of respiratory quotients and metabolic activity. Gas available: O2, CO2, CH4, H2, CO; more available on request.
KB-Incyte-VBC realtime monitoring of viable cell biomass based on capacitance measurement for cell culture and fermentation process.
All online analyzers can be connected to our Bioflex Software for online data acquisition, feedback control and predictive data analysis for process optimization and risk based actions, PAT compliance.
KBiotech CIP/SIP System for in situ steam sterilization and cleaning
The All-in-one solution from KBiotech is a unique device in a single compact and integrated system for the sterilization and cleaning of your bioreactor or fermenter.
BIOFLEX™ Software intelligent interface, easily accessible for beginners and experienced users alike. Thanks to the intuitive user interface, Bioflex is simple to operate, limiting operator errors and reducing training needs.
BIO-FLEX™ is a bioprocess software designed for R&D, process development, optimization and scale up to industrialization.
Bioflex is high flexibility for a batch, fed-batch or a continuous culture with Advanced control strategies (pH STAT, DO STAT, Turbidostat, exponential, complex calculations), perfusion programs, offline data and profiles management, data batch records, data export to Excel and more.
This open-source Software allows to integrate, at any time, conventional and sophisticated online sensors such as Biomass Monitor, Gas analyzers, pCO2 probe, Glucose and Multi-assay analyzers and actuators (pumps, MFC or Rotameters, valves, etc.).
Bioflex software supports the latest Windows platforms and can be installed on a laptop, PC workstation, tablet or smartphone, enabling you to monitor and control your bioreactor at any time: in the laboratory, in the office or even at home.
Bioflex Software is able to manage and control up 12-24-36 Compact bioreactors online, accelerating the development of your bioprocesses.
Bioflex CFR21 part 11 compliance version for GMP applications is available.